Bedbugs are back in Arizona
Feb 03, 2010
“Sleep tight, don’t let the bedbugs bite” is a phrase that we’ve all heard. But, until recently, no one really worried much about actually finding bedbugs in their homes. Almost eradicated in the 1940s, bedbugs are back in a big way. Alpha Pest Control has serviced a few homes and apartments (100+ units) recently that were plagued by bedbugs. Here’s what to look for:
· Bedbugs are visible to the naked eye.
· They are reddish-brown, flattened, oval and wingless.
· Newly hatched bedbugs are translucent, light in color and get browner as they approach maturity.
· Bedbugs come out at night
· They are attracted to body heat and the presence of carbon dioxide (our breath) and inject victims with saliva.
· Many people have an allergic reaction to bedbug bites, which can look like a mosquito bite or develop into a welt.
In order to get rid of bedbugs for good, you need professional pest control services. Contact Alpha Pest Control at 480-968-0414 or email for help.